- Memory management using top, free & vmstat. Addressing server load issues using top & ps.
- Disk management and space issues using df, du & fdisk.
- Installing and configuring linux services using Yum, RPM & source codes.
- File/Directory permission and ownership management with chmod, chgrp, chown & ACL.
- Logs management using logrotate, gzip & tar.
- Automate service backups and storing them on external disk.
- Configuring network interface & IP allocation management using ifconfig.
- Utilizing text processing & text filtering commands like grep, awk & sed.
- Automate various day to day tasks using shell script and scheduling them using cronjob.
- Picking messages from SQL server, formatting & relaying to mail server using shell script.
- Extracting records from PMTA accounting files, formatting & updating into SQL server using shell script.
- Performing INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE & DELETE operations on SQL database using Sqlcmd.
- SQL Importing & Exporting data using Sqlcmd.
- Creating stored procedure for executing batch of SQL queries.
- Utilizing SQL joins to extract data from multiple tables in stored procedures.
Mail Server Administration & Email Deliverability
- Installation, configuration & management of PowerMTA.
- Configuring IP based access, Virtual MTAs, Virtual MTA Pools & SMTP Server.
- Implementing SPF, DKIM & DMARC email authentications.
- Maintaining IP/Domain reputation & dealing with Blacklisting issues.
- Configuring Remote Bounce Processor for remote bounce management.
- Configuring Feedback Loop (FBL) services offered by ISPs.
- Troubleshooting email delivery & email spamming issues.
- Rerouting queue and configuring domain macros for queue management.
- Preparing warmup plan and warming up cold IPs.
- Implementing best email sending practices.
- Building good relations with mailbox providers & analysing email campaign statistics.
A global financial firm is currently seeking an Email Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in Jersey City. In this role you will be designing and engineering, messaging and collaboration systems and supporting infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting messaging infrastructure related problems as reported by users
- Provide technical expertise and advice to various areas of the enterprise in the development of information technology solutions and in support of Tier 2 and 3
- Deploys the release of new technologies as well as designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing
- Supports electronic messaging services and maintains a secure messaging systems environment
- Develops integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues. Recognized expert internally and externally within a discipline(s) and often provides strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services
- Recommends enterprise wide standards, guidelines, and procedures for messaging infrastructure or may recommend the enterprise wide messaging server technical maintenance changes, including the redesign of infrastructure components. Creates the deployment template, support tools/standards, etc.